Tuesday, May 2, 2017

So much fun at the conference!

Wow! There's so much to see and do here at the 2017 conference for the Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetics Guild in Las Vegas! I had a blast with my workshop yesterday, making lotions using Simulgreen 18-2 and Aristoflex AVC, making an oil serum filled with all kinds of goodies like pomegranate oil and chia seed oil, and an oil free hydro gel using Sepinov EMT 10! I think the workshop went well. I told a few stories, shared my love of raisins and my hatred of ducks, and made some really cool products! You'll see pictures soon, I promise!

I've met so many amazing people here! I met my idol, Kevin Dunn, and I was so excited that he knew who I am! I met Kenna Cote of Modern Soapmaking who helped me set up the Patreon account. And of course I spent all my time with Jen at Lotioncrafter, who sponsored my workshop.

My presenting time is over, so I get to be a participant woo!

I was told by people that I need to promote myself more, so I'm asking you here to take a look at my Patreon. If you're a $10 subscriber to the blog, you get a lovely e-zine every month, but there are rewards for subscribing to the $1, $3, and $5 levels too! Check out my Patreon feed when you get a chance and see if you're interested! 

I'd love to post pictures, but the Blogger app crashes and the version I can use on the web thinks I only have 6 pictures on my phone instead of 36,000. So I'll update this with loads of pictures when I get home! 

No comments: